Top Push Notification Tools for Magento and Shopify eCommerce Stores in 2019
Push notifications for eCommerce sites are, without a doubt, one of the most important channels of communicating with visitors. You can send visitors clickable messages in real-time, even if their browser is not open.
These notifications are much like the SMS wherein you can send customers short yet effective messages. Since the customer doesn’t have to spend more than a few seconds to read it, push notifications have around 15-30% click-through rates.
If you’re looking to integrate push notifications for your online store, it can be tough to figure out where to start. There are a plethora of tools available, so which one would be best for your store?
Here, we look at the leading push notification tools for eCommerce stores powered by Magento and Shopify based on conversations with our customers.
iZooto makes push notifications simple. You can send targeted and personalized messages to your customers. This would help drive traffic, engagement, and sales. Some of its stand-out features are:
- Trigger-based push notifications for abandoned carts, window shoppers, and dormant users.
- Schedule notifications for an ideal time based on time zone.
- Customize your banner image, icons, emojis, and CTAs.
iZooto has a free plan for publishers. If you wish to upgrade to a premium version, plans start at $85 per month.
Developed by Ecomfit, this tool allows you to communicate instantly with your customers through automated push notifications.
- Automate messages for cart abandonment, customer loyalty, price drop, and back in stock.
- Actionable reports and analytics to better understand customers.
- Easy integration within minutes.
Ecomfit has a free starter plan. Other plans start at $29 per month. You can even customize your plan.
Aimtell is a free app that you can use for unlimited volumes and unlimited websites. It’s feature-rich and takes just a few minutes to set up.
- Create targeted segments based on customer’s location, page views, attributes, etc.
- Schedule campaigns for specified time and date.
- Set triggers to repeat campaigns.
- A/B testing to check how different options work in comparison.
- Customize your messages and add your brand.
Aimtell has a free trial period post, which plans begin at $29 per month.
WooHoo makes your store more interesting by introducing pop-up games to customers. Some of them include ‘Wheel of Coupons,’ ‘Card Dance’, and ‘Pick a Gift’ – all of which offer customers discounts.
These games help build your email list as customers exchange their email ID for a coupon or discount. It’s a win-win for both parties, plus your customers get to feel the excitement of winning! WooHoo’s features include:
- Create your pop-up games and determine probability rates on your own.
- Easy integration into your eCommerce store
- Pop-ups for cart abandonments.
- Zero coding knowledge required.
WooHoo starts at $29 per month for one site. You can also get a free trial before you decide to purchase it.
VWO Engage, formerly PushCrew, helps you automate your marketing campaigns through web push notifications and Facebook Messenger. Integrating this app on your site can help you accelerate growth by delivering optimized digital experiences.
It was featured in the Top Rated 2019 by Trust Radius and was the G2 Crowd Leader Winter 2019. The features you get include:
- One-click subscriptions for customers. No need for emails.
- Reach mobile-first customers without building a mobile app.
- Clickable web notifications to re-engage customers, recover abandoned carts, and send out offers and promotion alerts.
Plans begin at $99 per month with a free trial.
The platform enables you to automatically segment and then send out web push notifications to users. It was awarded “High Performer of Fall 2019” and also has a 5/5 rating on Capterra.
Trusted by over 10,000 companies, PushEngage is very simple to set up, intuitive, and responsive. It works great for big and small companies.
- Web push notifications are automated, so it’s extremely convenient.
- You can segment your subscribers and send out targeted notifications.
- Add multiple websites to one account wherein you can create multiple logins to grant access differently.
- Notifications can be triggered based on the user’s actions such as cart abandonment.
- It gives you analytics reports on CTR, opt-in rates and funnels.
The app has a Forever Free Plan wherein you can send up to 120 notifications per month to 2,500 subscribers. You can upgrade to premium versions starting at $29 per month.
PubNub enables you to add realtime updates, alerts, and push notifications to your site. It is designed for websites that need to send and publish live updates to financial stock and index, scoreboards, and live auctions an instant. But it works great with any website that needs live notifications.
Here’s what you’d get with PubNub:
- Get push notifications for iOS, Android, and Web.
- Automated SMSes that are triggered based on the events or actions of the user.
- Access real-time data, graphs and charts.
- Customize and publish data to your dashboard.
PubNub has a free trial, after which a notification will be sent to upgrade to a paid plan. Paid plans start at $49 per month.
CleverTap enables you to increase customer engagement by sending rich push notifications. They claim to help improve your metrics of conversions and retention. With this tool, you’ll get access to features like:
- Omnichannel management of push, email, web push, in-app, and SMS campaigns.
- A centralized dashboard to manage it all.
- Real-time actionable insights
- AI for automated customer segments such as user intent and preferences, recency, and frequency.
- Privacy of data and GDPR compliance.
CleverTap has a base plan and premium add-ons that you can opt for to get more features. You would have to contact their sales team for pricing.
WebEngage is a mobile push notifications app that is backed by real-time insights. It comes packed with powerful features that are bound to deliver high-impact experiences for users.
- You can choose from pre-designed templates to create notifications that are visually enticing.
- Test your campaign before you launch it.
- No coding required.
- Incorporate personal details in your message to make it more targeted and friendlier to users.
- Track conversions to measure the success of your campaigns.
You can request a demo from WebEngage or contact them directly for pricing.
There are plenty of push notification options available for Magento and Shopify stores. Many are all-in-one solutions in which push notifications are just one feature.
Whichever one you choose, remember that push notifications enable you to have thought and relevant communication with your users.
These apps would help you create targeted push notifications. However, it’s important to note that each one has something different to offer, and not all are the same.
We hope this article was insightful and has helped you find the right push notifications software for an eCommerce store. Another great channel of communication that can tremendously help boost your contact and business is chat software. Check out our list of the Top 10 Chat software for your eCommerce site.