How to Increase Online Sales Fast and Gain Initial Momentum for your eCommerce store
Running an online store seems like a lucrative business, and it surely is – if you know how to do it right. Now, there have been instances where very enthusiastic store owners poured their heart and soul into opening an eCommerce website, only to see barely any sales or traction.
It’s disheartening when you’ve done everything right. You have great products, good pricing, a smart team of people – but nothing seems to be working!
Well, don’t be discouraged. There are plenty of techniques to use to make your store popular and wildly successful! It’s a matter of identifying different areas and giving the right amount of attention to the ones that can significantly boost sales.
When implemented right, these tactics will definitely work to increase your brand awareness, the visitors to your site, and boost sales and revenue.
Quick Tips to Increase Online Sales Fast
1) Try unsustainable things
At the start, it’s all about getting traction and gaining momentum. How do you get your store noticed? How do you showcase customer reviews on your site if you don’t have enough customers? At the start, it’s not about finding efficient methods or long-term ones. Sustainability takes a back seat. It’s about getting your name out there and getting people to try your products! Here are a few tips that might help:
- Reach out to your personal network to see if anyone is willing to try the product and give a review.
- Send samples to Instagram influencers or celebrities and hope they give you a shoutout. A good bet here is to target local celebrities or those who are particularly interested in a niche product.
For example, if you’re selling pet products, and you know a local singer who loves dogs, you could always send a few samples and politely tell them you’re looking to expand your reach and would greatly appreciate a little boost from their end.
- Bring your A-game with a nicely worded email and reach out to bloggers or people in your industry. This helps to see if they would be willing to mention you in their articles or write a piece on your story.
These are just a few ideas. You can brainstorm to get more ideas depending on:
– the type of store you have,
– the products you’re selling,
– the story behind it.
2) Delve deeper into SEO
It’s surprising how many people think about SEO = keywords. SEO is a vast subject and takes time to learn and implement. But the effort is worth it. If not you don’t have the time to dedicate to learning the subject, hire someone who can do it for you. Some of the basics of SEO include
- Using anchor text to hyperlink relevant pages
- Building backlinks from authority websites
- Using the right keywords with an optimal keyword density
- Carrying out on-page SEO
- Having a great title, meta description, and short URL
Now all these SEO tactics have been mentioned over and over again. When you research online, you’ll find SEO to be defined as getting your page to rank by optimizing pages for keywords. In reality, the main principle of SEO is to ensure user satisfaction. This is not something new, it’s been around for years – check out this article by Moz way back in 2013. Though difficult to quantify, Google does have algorithms that are able to predict if the user was satisfied by analyzing bounce rates, click-through rates, etc.
You need to ensure the experience of the user is engaging and interesting. If the user is not satisfied, they will bounce and choose another website. So while paying attention to the basics mentioned above is important, you need to take care of other things that will boost the experience of the user, such as:
- Optimize the speed and performance of your website
- Create an easy-to-use interface
- Make your website easy to navigate
- Use merchandising techniques to give customers easy access to more related options
- Speak the truth, don’t sell false claims. It never sits well with consumers
- Provide visitors with original, useful information that adds value
3) Check your marketing strategy
Sometimes store owners tend to go with the strategy they know well or are at least familiar with. Some may use SEO, some may use Facebook ads, while others may leverage eCommerce platforms like eBay, Etsy, and Amazon. But the problem with using what you know is that it may not be the right strategy for the product.
If you’re selling a product that caters only to moms, you might do well using social media – targeted paid ads, being active on mom groups, and following all the right people. If you’re selling a product that can be easily copied, you need to strategize to blitz the market so that you build your brand quickly and people know you’re the original one. In this case, using SEO may take up to 3-6 months to show results, and by then, you might’ve lost the opportunity.
You need to analyze your product, it’s target customers and the market effects to find what works best for you. You can even check out online marketing platforms that can help give you the insights you need to boost sales.
Here is a recommended read about 50 simple marketing strategies proven to increase sales online from Ignite Visibility.
4) Online marketplaces
Platforms like Amazon and Etsy are a great way to get exposure for your brand and products. You don’t have to sell exclusively through these platforms. Instead, you can list select products to gain visibility and inculcate interest in customers. Those interested can visit your own site where they can browse the full catalog.
5) Email Marketing
One of the fastest channels to increase sales is email marketing. Use marketing automation to automate the process and be as personalized as possible.
- Welcome your new subscribers – Send at least 3 emails for 14 days from the time a visitor subscribes to your mailing list.
- Abandoned Cart – Return customers who have shown interest in a particular product with a unique benefit (free shipping, discount) based on the products they have in the cart.
- Post Purchase – Email customers who have already purchased from you and are satisfied with your products and ready to make another purchase.
A must-have eCommerce marketing automation platform is Flashy, they have everything eCommerce marketer needs to increase sales fast (email marketing, marketing automation, intelligent popups, SMS and more).
Optimizing SEO, spending money on ads and upping your marketing strategy will be for nothing if you don’t have a well-performing site ready for your visitors. Just like we keep our houses clean for guests, we need to keep our website stores tidy for visitors. Products should be laid out according to the user’s intent.
Customers like to have easy access to recommendations for related products. Having a site search enabled also works in your favor as it allows the customer to find what they want easily. Implementing this manually might be a bit of a task, which is why there are services like Tagalys, to help you with it.
We hope after reading this you’ve got all the answers you need to up your game and drive more sales to your site!