Magento 1 & 2 Catalog Search vs. Tagalys search for Magento
Posted on October 11, 2017 by
Relevant Search Results vs. Trending Search Results
Site Search is one of the highest converting funnels at any ecommerce store. Platforms like Magento rely on open source search like SOLR, that can be configured with simple functions to help you get started with search. But does it really work in improving conversion?
If your goal of the search conversion is to show products, you should stick with SOLR search from Magento. But if your goal is convert more visitors from search to customers, get detailed reports to understand how they interact in each search segment, you should use Tagalys Search. Here are key functionalities that Magento will NOT offer as part of the SOLR search it has inbuilt.
- Personalized search results – Best used if high mobile traffic, to ensure each visitor engages with search results catered to his/her interest
- Search results sorted by location based analytics – Best used if buying patterns varied by location
- Search results sorted by site level analytics – Best used if buying patterns were the same across the entire site
- Search Merchandising – Ability for the retailer to modify search results and promote products based on internal needs
- Popular Searches – Grouping high volume search queries (ignoring spam inputs), to show visitors what is trending at the store
- Pinned Searched – Ability for retailers to modify the popular searches and pin search queries to direct traffic to a search results page of business interest
- Prioritized product and text suggestions with auto complete, to help visitors save time time and quickly land on a search results page
Here is a quick video that gives an over of Tagalys search.
Other basic features that are also available are Synonyms, Stemming, dynamic facets, live catalog updates, spell check, multi currency, multi language and multi store support. Check out Tagalys search and signup for a free 28 day trial.