Magento 1 & 2 Catalog Search vs. Tagalys search for Magento
Relevant Search Results vs. Trending Search Results
eCommerce Search is one of the highest converting funnels at any eCommerce store. Platforms like Magento rely on open source search like SOLR, which can be configured with simple functions to help you get started with the Search. But does it really work in improving conversion?
If your goal of the search conversion is to show products, you should stick with the SOLR search from Magento. But if your goal is to convert more visitors from search to customers, get detailed reports to understand how they interact in each search segment, you should use Tagalys eCommerce Search.
Here are key functionalities that Magento will NOT offer as part of the SOLR search it has inbuilt.
- Personalized eCommerce search results- Best used if high mobile traffic, to ensure each visitor engages with search results catered to his/her interest
- Search results sorted by location-based analytics – Best used if buying patterns varied by location
- Search results sorted by site-level analytics – Best used if buying patterns were the same across the entire site
- eCommerce Search Merchandising – Ability for the retailer to modify search results and promote products based on internal needs
- eCommerce Popular Searches – Grouping high volume search queries (ignoring spam inputs), to show visitors what is trending at the store
- Pinned Searched – Ability for retailers to modify the popular searches and pin search queries to direct traffic to a search results page of business interest
- Prioritized product and text suggestions with auto-complete, to help visitors save time and quickly land on a search results page
The following are some ideas to improve the Magento Search results
- Switch to Trending (data-driven) Sort Order from Relevance based sort order.
- Pin high potential or best-selling products to the top of the search results.
- Add synonyms to the common search queries which visitors refer to in multiple ways. Example: Trousers vs Pants, Rabbit vs Bunny.
- Have auto-complete and product suggestions within the search box.
- Ensure if the spell-check feature is working as expected.
- Display Product Recommendations instead of an empty page for ‘No results’ queries.
Here is a quick video that gives an over of the Tagalys search.
Other basic features that are also available are Synonyms, Stemming, dynamic facets, live catalog updates, spell check, multi-currency, multi-language, and multi-store support.
Tagalys maximizes conversion rate & gives merchants visual control of products displayed in eCommerce Search, Category or Listing Pages & Product Recommendations at their online store. To know more about our solutions and features, get in touch with us now.